The Cardinal Guilds Surveyor's Guide
Required: Compass and Altimeter
- Explore an island and record the following information:
- Altitude (use Altimeter)
- Number of databanks
- Tree types
- Island Author (scan island terrain)
- Steam Workshop link
- Name the island! Make sure the name is easy and memorable.
- Take a screenshot of the island. An acceptable screenshot must meet the following critieria.
- Taken around midday with as little cloud cover as possible.
- Facing Northwards or shows the most striking features of the island.
- Without the UI. (press F4 to hide)
- Free of obstructions: e.g. the player model, ships, etc. (Press V to enter first-person mode)
- Able to be cropped into a circular area - usable for small thumbnails.
- Point your ship towards the next island you're surveying and get the heading from the compass.
- Fly to the next island and repeat!
NOTE: To increase surveying accuracy, please record headings to multiple islands for cross-checking.
Surveying Weather Walls
- Fly to a weather wall as close as possible.
- Point your ship parallel to the wall and record the heading.
- Fly to the nearest weather wall corner.
- Point your ship towards the nearby islands and record their headings.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until you have completed a full loop around the sector.